KPD Warns Citizens of Email Scams
Killeen Police would like to inform citizens of con artists that have increased their efforts to obtain money from law abiding citizens.
There are two different emails that are currently being sent out to citizens all over Texas and they are scams.
One email scam will state that there was an issue with your last ATM Withdraw and will instruct the recipient to download a re-activation form. The email will look like this one:
Subject: Your Last ATM Withdrawal (CARD COMPROMISED) Dear customer, There was an issue with your last ATM withdrawal, you are hereby MANDATED to automatically re-activate your ATM debit card to avoid your bank account from being compromised or suspended. Download The CBN re-activation form attached this message to Re-activate.
-Supply CBN Information Secretary
The other popular email scam will be sent by a Universal King that will advise the recipient that they are entitled a large sum of money. The email will look this:
From: Universal King Oliver Adesioye<email@example.com>
Subject: A UNIVERSAL ROYAL FINE (FROM ME) AS DETERRENT TO UNFAIR FOREIGN INTERFERENCE IN THE UNIVERSE: CITY OF DALLAS (IN TEXAS IN THE UNITED STATES ON THE PLANET EARTH) AS AN EXAMPLE
TO EACH OF A LL
(1) By means of the landed universal capitals (from me, and that shall definitely be on the planet Earth in the universe), I (i.e. Universal King Oliver Olabanji Adesioye) made the Earth glorious, and universal economic centre, accordingly.
(2) On the Earth, Ondo Kingdom (as created by me on June 26, 2015) coexists with the Ondo Kingdom (under the Osemawe of Ondo Kingdom) in the same area of land.
(3) Universal throne (from me) has been in danger in the said area of land: City of Dallas (in Texas in USA) has a hand in the said situation, given a honourary citizenship of this city awarded to the current Osemawe of Ondo Kingdom in year 2015.
(I) So, I hereby fine each human inhabitant of the said city of Dallas universal equivalent of US$10,000 per day, until the said city withdraws, accordingly.
(II) The governments of the planet Jupiter and Saturn (from me) shall have power to receive the said fine accordingly.
To help prevent yourself from being a victim you should:
- Never give out your personal information to include your banking information.
- Do not send your debit card to anyone or give out your card numbers.
- Contact the police immediately if you think someone is trying to scam you.
Remember if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!
Killeen Police Department