KPD Conducts Special Traffic Detail
The Killeen Police Department Special Operations Unit conducted a special enforcement operation on Thursday, September 26, 2014, in order to inform citizens of the actual law, 545.157 Passing Authorized Emergency Vehicle, and to increase the emphasis on the danger of traffic enforcement throughout the city.
The following violations occurred in the officer’s presence during the hours of 7:20am – 2:30pm, at four separate locations; the 6400 block of Trimmier, the 1500 block of Hwy 195, the 1900 block of East Elms and the 20000 block of South Hwy 195.
- 129 citations were issued for Improper passing
- 6 citations were issued for Fail to Display a Driver’s License
- 4 citations were issued for Fail to Maintain Financial Responsibility
- 6 citations were issued for Disregard TCD
- 1 citation was issued for Fail to Yield Right of Way Turning Left
- 1 citation was issued for Fail to Yield Right of Way to Emergency Vehicle
- 1 citation was issued for Stop/Stand/Parking
- 1 citation was issued for No Driver’s License
A total of 149 citations were issued for various violations.
Killeen Police Department